While running in my parents over the holiday I realized that I was facing a huge potential hazard. Surprisingly, it wasn't that I might slip on ice, get hit by a car, or get mugged for my shoes. I was continually at risk of being mauled by a roaming neighborhood dog. Every couple miles I would encounter a dog outside for a potty break with no leash or fenced in yard. They always bark to announce their presence and declare their territory. I think they can usually sense that I am an animal lover and just want to pet them. But, what if they did't? I had a dog nip me while running by at a park about a year ago. The dog looked nice and didn't seem startled at all. Fortunately, it didn't break skin. I think people need to be more careful with their dogs, especially large ones. If they are going to bark and approach strangers coming by in the neighborhood, they need to be on a leash or in a fenced in yard. I could only imagine what the postman must go through.
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment