
I love cafe au lait! I would drink them every day if I could. It reminds me of sitting at a cafe in Paris, enjoying a beautiful day, with absolutely nothing to do! The problem is you really need to sit down and enjoy it. I don't have time to sit down and enjoy my cafe au lait. I am too busy enjoying a slow ride up the escalator from the blue line.
Starbucks doesn't do them well. They won't even call it cafe au lait. They call it misto. What the hell is a misto?
I was having a discussion with a friend who said he had a latte from Dunkin' Donuts this morning. I asked if Dunkin has cafe au lait. I don't think they do. He claimed that they are the same. But, in fact that are not! Lattes are made with espresso and cafe au lait is made with coffee (coffee with milk). I don't like espresso. It is too strong for me. I prefer a milder taste.
Don't forget to tip your barista.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Cafe au lait
Posted by Blogger at 7:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
haha, i loved that last line!
Post a Comment